mercredi 6 juin 2012

A Little Confused English Goes A Long Way (for a chuckle)

This just struck me as funny.  I think that English mistakes are probably one of the things I find funniest when I go abroad.  Today I was looking at some different popular clubs and restaurants in Sousse and the language was just too good to keep to myself.  I think because it aspired to be hip and casual at the same time, and instead comes off as a bit bizarre, it is even funnier.  But, without further ado, here are some of my favorite excerpts.  Enjoy!

"The menu also offers tasty and pancakes." (No, just a side of Tasty for me).

" one of those places where you taste different needs: that of a family breakfast, a pancake-party between friends or a business lunch" (I love pancake parties) (what the hell does 'taste different needs mean?')

"Fleur de thé is a very interesting space. From morning to night, it offers sweet, salty, lunches or dinners." (I will have the sweet, salty lunch please.)

"An environment created for your senses to be constantly alert, whether by the aroma of tea that hugs your papillae, with the music world, or by the beauty of the teapots that surprises you." (My papillae are so alert right now!)

"The restaurant offers fine cuisine with specialties including a map of the country but also other varities." (I'll have the map of the map of Turkmenistan, medium rare.)

and finally

"decor and design, are exceptional with plasma screens for broadcasting football matches. An outdoor terrace where you can dine quietly, and another at the top represented by boxes and design classes. Legends is the best place for young partygoers' meetings." (quick we have to get to the United Party-goers meeting down at Legends!)



--------


I guess I just don't know how they can't find one English speaker to read through the menus and descriptions before they go live.  There are many expats here who don't really do anything...give them a task!  Instead, we get to benefit from the hilarity of confused translation, which to their credit, probably sounded perfectly normal in Arabic or French, but in English it just comes across as...yummy and famous.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire